When evening temperature's drop below 40 degrees, Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church volunteers go to work. On these evenings, the adjoining church building becomes base for the Cold Night Shelter, to provide a warm meal and a place to stay for those to might not otherwise have one.
Cold Night Shelter will be open:
THURSDAY, JANUARY 23, 2014
FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2014
Registration begins at 5:30 pm.
For more information and to volunteer, please contact Deacon Chris Bowers via the church office at (727) 446-3001.
Pinellas County Shelter Information (from tbo.com):
• Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church, 110 S. Ft. Harrison Ave., Clearwater. (727) 442-3677. (No children).
• St. Cecelia Catholic Church, 820 Jasmine Way, Clearwater. (727) 447-3494. (Backup shelter; no children).
• Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast in Pinellas Park, 7790 61st St. N.. (727) 574-5437. (No children; transportation provided by Boley, Inc.).
• Northwest Presbyterian Church, 6330 54th Ave. N., St. Petersburg. (727) 544-4551. (No children).
• Salvation Army, 1400 4th St. S., St. Petersburg. (727) 822-4954. (No children).
• The Turning Point, 1810 5th Ave. N., St. Petersburg. (727) 823-7811. (No children).
• St. Timothy’s Lutheran Church, 812 E. Tarpon Ave., Tarpon Springs. (No children).
Families with children will be placed in motels. Call (727) 424-1355 or (727) 698-1809 to make arrangements.