Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church (PMPC) is blessed with a rich and colorful history closely aligned with the history of Clearwater, Florida. A group of 17 original charter members, whose faith brought them together in 1891, organized this church as Clearwater Presbyterian Church. It was renamed First Presbyterian Church of Clearwater, known around town as the "little white church".
Today, the church is a pink stucco Mediterranean Revival style and is instead known as "the big pink church in downtown Clearwater". Located close to Florida's beautiful Clearwater Beach and not far from local restaurants and shops and growing downtown area, the church is enhanced by a Casavant pipe organ and over seventy awe-inspiring stained glass windows. The North and South transept windows are originals by stained glass designer Louis Comfort Tiffany and are signed by him.